Hi my name is Melissa Jordan thank you for your interest in my £40 a term Club. It is open to schools (school accounts) and individuals connected to schools wishing to purchase books to be used in schools.
I am an experienced independent bookseller (5+ years) stocking a curated collection of high quality and unique books from a range of publishers. I have been a member of bookish communities on twitter (@melissacreate15) for 4+ years. And those that have chatted to me will know that I am passionate about reading for pleasure and sharing diverse stories. I have also built up a reputation in creating connected collections to help children and adults navigate the choices available.
My £40 a term club is targeted at schools looking to add quality books to their school collections but which also want to focus their collection in some way. That focus could be different each term, or the same all year. Examples of ‘focus’ could include: a particular sort of book e..g non-fiction, or picture books that develop empathy/explore feelings or it could be more specific, including targeting a particular need or group of children in the school.
Below are some answers to a few common questions of how my club works. But, if you have any further questions or just want to chat about how it might work for you please do get in touch.
I look forward to hearing from you
Who can join?
- Open to small number of schools in Mainland UK each academic year.
- Open to schools and individuals connected to school wishing to purchase books for a classroom library
What books can I get and how can I help you choose?
Please see my Book Overview page. In particular my Core Collection to give you an idea of the range of books available in this curated collection.
As a £40 a term member the first step will be to have a conversation with you to find out what area or areas you would like to focus on. This could including discussing which parts of the core collection are of most interest. Then I will make some personal suggestions of books (based on my extensive knowledge) for you to choose from. You will then get a mini-catalogue of suggestions specific to use to browse from.
There will be discounts of 10 to 20% on a range of titles. Alternatively you can take advantage of the special offers below.
Special Offers – This academic year
- Above is my Signature Collection, choose two different books from this collection for just £10. One offer per term. That’s 6 of these books for just £30 by the end of the year!
- Emotions, feelings and celebrating difference collections – choose 3 books including 1 hard back for just £10. Restricted to one offer per term.
- Lot’s of great discounted back stock
- Other special offers also available according to your needs.
How can I get multiple copies of books at great discounts?
- As a club member you can make additional purchase on top of your £40 a term of multiple copies (3 or more of the same title) of hardback picture books and non-fiction books at a 30 to 40 per cent discount on the RRP*.
*There are restriction on the total number of multiple copies you can purchase per-term, which will be agreed at the time of joining.
How long do I have to join for?
- The minimum period is two consecutive terms at a total cost of £80 (£40 a term)
- But, joining for 3 consecutive terms allows more scope to plan future collections around your preferences
Do I have to pay postage?
- One parcel per term is free, when delivered by UPS Standard deliver and the parcel weights under 5kg, to Mainland UK.
- Additional charges may apply for heavier parcels and some newly published books (if a separate parcel is required)