Giving a helping hand to both emerging and and developing readers – to get every child enjoying reading.
When children are 6 to 8 years old it can be often be tricky to keep them engaged and interested in reading. As I discovered with my own two children, even a 7 year old who has enjoyed reading can quickly start to loose interest if they do not find books that are right for them. Many parents, grandparents and teachers talk about how if is often difficult to find a good variety of stories for this age group. Yet if you know where to look and what you are looking for, there are plenty of wonderful stories to engage all sorts of readers. As part of bookish communities on twitter I am part of, I have the pleasure of chatting to many authors and illustrators, when they talk about their own experiences of reading as both children and adults they say how important it is to be allowed to read: above, at and below their reading level. Therefore in the collection of books you can choose from their are different levels of stories as well as a variety of genres and writing styles. All the books have great pictures, because becoming a competent and enthusiastic independent readers should not mean you have to say goodbye to interesting illustrations. All books have been carefully selected to appeal to both boys and girls and children with different interests.
What’s special about this collection?
- collection designed to inspire any 6 to 8 year old girl or boy to want to read
- made up of strong stories, a couple of poetry collections, and one autobiography series
- bringing a great variety of stories together I aim to make finding the right book easier.
- two book at once to encourage children to try something new/different and/or to choose a book to read themselves and a book to be read aloud.
- stories deliberately chosen so if you love one of the series in the collection, you can then move onto another one you like just as much.
- making it easier, for parents, grand-parents, teachers and ta’s to get the children in their live reading because they want to.
- all books fit in a large letter envelope so can be posted anywhere in mainland UK.
Subscriptions start from £24 for two months
- 4 books chosen from above* (*can include up to two of the higher priced books).
- Price includes postage of two packages to Mainland UK
- For their first package, children are encouraged to choose two different series and/or two different types of stories.
- Other books in the series are also available
- If most the books you choose are £5 ones, you may qualify for an additional book.
- Option to add on at the end of your subscription a yet to be published book in a series for just £5
Not quite ready for first chapter books ? – check out these Turquoise and Purple levelled early readers instead
If you are interested in mainly early readers please get in touch for an individual quote
Most of the books pictured are from Maverick Early Readers or Bloomsbury Young Reader collections.
Unlike a lot of other books at this level, they have engaging and unique stories with eye catching pictures.
Contact me for more details here
Twitter and Instagram: @melissacreate15
Readers that Care.