Giving a helping hand to both emerging and and developing readers – to get every child enjoying reading.
When children are 6 to 8 years old it can be often be tricky to keep them engaged and interested in reading. As I discovered with my own two children, even a 7 year old who has enjoyed reading can quickly start to loose interest if they do not find books that are right for them. Many parents, grandparents and teachers talk about how if is often difficult to find a good variety of stories for this age group. Yet if you know where to look and what you are looking for, there are plenty of wonderful stories to engage all sorts of readers. As part of bookish communities on twitter I am part of, I have the pleasure of chatting to many authors and illustrators, when they talk about their own experiences of reading as both children and adults they say how important it is to be allowed to read: above, at and below their reading level. Therefore in the collection of books you can choose from their are different levels of stories as well as a variety of genres and writing styles. All the books have great pictures, because becoming a competent and enthusiastic independent readers should not mean you have to say goodbye to interesting illustrations. All books have been carefully selected to appeal to both boys and girls and children with different interests.
What’s special about this collection?
- ultimate collection designed to win round any 6 to 8/9 year old to the fun of reading
- Made up of mainly strong stories, with a couple of non-fiction books and poetry collections
- appeal equally to girls and boys
- designed with connecting pathways in mind, some obvious some less obvious and some which will be highly individual to your child
- to actively encourage the choosing of a book to read now, and a book to be read aloud
- caters for a range of reading levels (but please let the more confident readers read the shorter ones too if they want to)
- 12 of the 16 books are part of series
- Missing bookshop is part of Little Tiger Press, colour fiction collection and Zanzibar Gecko Press first chapter books they are both standalone stories.
- All books fit in a larget letter envelope so can be posted anywhere in mainland UK.
Subscriptions start from £27 for two months – plus additional ‘Yet to be published’ book
- 4 books chosen from above* (*can include up to two of the higher priced books).
- 1 yet to be published book
- Price includes postage to Mainland UK
- For their first package, children are encouraged to choose two different series (if relevant) or to mix different types of books
- For follow on packages, other books in the series are available and we can also include other books as and when needed.
- If all your choices are £5.99 books, you will also qualify for a bonus extra book (to be chosen by me from my backstock).
Not quite ready for first chapter books ? – check out these Turquoise and Purple levelled early readers instead
If you are interested in mainly early readers please get in touch for an individual quote
Most of the books pictured are from Maverick Early Readers or Bloomsbury Young Reader collections.
Unlike a lot of other books at this level, they have engaging and unique stories with eye catching pictures.